Volunteer with Us
Make An Impact
Resettlement is isolating. Meaningful relationships provide comfort, belonging and guidance as refugees settle into their new home.
Volunteers lead ESL, job readiness, resume preparation and mock interviews, equipping Associates for future success.
Volunteers help with tasks from pinning to filing, allowing us to maximize our impact with reg
Areas of Volunteer Service
- Partner one-on-one with an Associate to practice English and comprehension
- With provided curriculum materials, plan lesson for your one-on-one meeting
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 9 AM-10:15 AM
- Commitment: Approx 18 months, Spring and fall semesters until Associate
graduates (summers off)
- No experience necessary, but we do ask that you are committed to the full year
as well as committed to reading through the VTC Handbook and ESL Tutor
- Support daily productivity in office while building relationships with Associates
- Can include sewing-related or administrative tasks, depending on interest and skill
- Day/Time flexible Monday-Thursday 9 AM – 2 PM
- One semester, weekly commitment of one hour minimum
Help with behind-the-scenes / administrative needs and gain insight into a fashion company. Will work on a variety of projects that help VTC have the most impact with refugees. Ideal for someone who may not have consistent availability. Hours subject to availability of volunteer and need of VTC.
Volunteer Requirements for all Volunteers
- Complete Volunteer Application
- Attend 1 Volunteer Orientation