Volunteer with Us
Make An Impact
Resettlement is isolating. Meaningful relationships provide comfort, belonging and guidance as refugees settle into their new home.
Volunteers lead ESL, job readiness, resume preparation and mock interviews, equipping Associates for future success.
Volunteers help with tasks from pinning to filing, allowing us to maximize our impact.
Areas of Volunteer Service
- Partner one-on-one with an Associate to practice English conversation and reading This role is face to face in person. Fall 2023 Term will be September 18th-November 9th.
- One morning per week Monday 8:30am – 9:30am or 9:30am-10:30am
- Spend time with Associates as they work. Build relationships with them while learning their story and their history. We’ll have sewing or administrative tasks that can be completed while talking to the Associates.
- Volunteer for a 2-hour time slot
- Provide basic assistance as needed (i.e. tagging, packaging, preparing mailers, event prep, etc.)
- One-time event help such as a weekend training or special event like a field trip. Some events are at the VTC office, and others are off-site.
- Decorate, pick up or set out food and materials, set-up or clean-up events, help run register at markets, greet, drive Associates to field trip site (such as Museum or Arboretum)
- No volunteer orientation required.
- Complete Interest Form and receive Volunteer Application by email
- Read through all VTC Handbook (this will be e-mailed to you after you complete your application)
- We ask that all volunteers commit to either one full term (Spring/Summer/Fall) of volunteering.
- Complete in-person or online volunteer orientation and email signed volunteer agreement.
- Conversation Partner Volunteer Only: Required attendance to 1 Volunteer Orientation + Training
- If you have questions about a role, please email Stephanie at: email@example.com